Northern Sierra Nevada
Follow the links below for information about some of the projects we are following in the national forests in the Northern Sierra Nevada region. This includes the Modoc, Lassen, Plumas, and Tahoe National Forests. We also include some of the Quincy Library Group projects (Herger-Feinstein Quincy LIbrary Group Forest Recovery Act of 1998) that were the subject of a prolonged controversy during the period between 1998 and 2012, primarily due to impacts to the California spotted owl.
- Tahoe National Forest Plan Amendment: Managing Natural Ignited Wildfire for Resource Benefits. February 6 2020. Read the coalition comment letter.
- Lassen National Forest Over-snow Vehicle Use Designation DEIS Mar 15, 2016 Comments on revised DEIS, Nov. 20, 2017
- Objection to LNF decision, May 11, 2018
- Comments on Tahoe National Forest Over-snow Vehicle Designation, May 29, 2018
Archive for Quincy Library Group Projects
- Quincy Library Group Background Information
- Basin Timber Sale
- Creeks Forest Health Recovery Project
- Empire Vegetation Management Project
- Freeman Project
- North 49 Forest Health Recovery Project
- Slapjack Project
- Watdog Project